Intellectual Property Rights
IBLAW has played a significant role in shaping the Intellectual Property Rights regime in Jordan, distinguishing itself as a leader in this field. Thanks to its role in drafting and advocating the Kingdom's TRIPS compliant IP package of legislation, the firm enjoys a competitive advantage in advising on all aspects of IPR in Jordan.
We serve clients across a wide range of industries including cosmetics & luxury goods, confectioneries, auto parts & machinery, tobacco, IT & telecom, media & advertisement, software, distribution & retailing, publishing and others.
The firm's cross-disciplinary approach to IP work involves establishing and defending IP rights, regulatory counseling, managing IP portfolios, drafting IP-related agreements and representation before courts and regulatory authorities. We are able to provide comprehensive services to our IP clients in areas such as corporate and commercial transactions, public policy and legislative drafting, and litigation and dispute resolution.
Our team of attorneys represents a diverse roster of clients in establishing and defending their intellectual property in Jordan.
The firm services in the Intellectual Property Rights practice include:
- Providing Legal Advisory and Consultancy:
- Identification of rights.
- Validity of applications.
- Requirements of protection and filing policies.
- Strategic Intellectual Property protection.
- Protection and enforcement strategies and requirements.
- Market expansion strategies.
- Related antitrust and/or unfair competition matters.
Drafting and reviewing Intellectual Property Agreements & Contracts:
- Assignment agreements.
- Licensing agreements.
- Franchising agreements.
- Mergers & acquisitions agreements.
- Joint venture agreements.
- Agency & distribution agreements.
- Non-disclosure & confidentiality agreements.
Litigation & prosecution of Intellectual Property Rights:
- Infringement actions.
- Unfair competition & antitrust.
- Under this service, IBLAW performs thorough field research in the Jordanian markets to advise you of any infringement on your trademarks.
- Local and international watch services with respect to official gazette trademark applications.
- Due diligence investigations
- Change of name/address for trademark registration and recording of trademark assignments.
- Global search and clearance.
- Cautionary notices and Cease & Desist letters
- Follow-up, book-keeping and maintenance services.
- Intellectual property auditing and valuation